BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Daddy Day

It was so cute to watch them open presents together. Of course, Ethan had to have his shirt off. That's just what guys do.




This is such a sweet picture. Ethan fell asleep while eating, and yes, he was holding his own bottle. Jonathan loves his little boy so much, and I love to see them together. I'm sure there was a time when I couldn't picture Jonathan having kids and changing diapers, but now it makes perfect sense. He's such a great daddy and he's already decided to be the fun one, which comes naturally to him. I get to be the one that tells the kids to do chores and stuff, and he'll let them get away with things. I can't wait to have more kids and see their daddy teach them to ride bikes, tie their shoes, and swim without floaties. He's so easy going and has fun no matter what we're doing. I hope Ethan gets those traits from his daddy, instead of my more stressed personality. Life is much more fun when you don't sweat the little things, and Jonathan has taught me that. Thanks Jonathan for being such a great daddy! We love you!
.......For Father's Day, Ethan and I got Jonathan an ipod and some things to go with it so he can use it while he runs/works out. He wants to start exercising more, so hopefully this will help make it more fun. Ethan was very interested in the presents. It was his first time to help open them, and he did a great job. That night we went to the Ochoa's for a delicious gumbo supper. I made a couple lemon meringue pies for dessert. It was my second attempt at this pie, and it turned out to be a slight disaster (a "slight" distaster is better than a "complete" disaster, so it could've been worse). I accidentally burned the meringue on top, but luckily, you can just scrape that part off and make a new meringue. So voila! It was as good as new. The supper was great and we even had banana pudding, yum! Later, we went to my dad's house and had a good visit with my family. It seems like every year my dad gets movies and peanut butter cups, a great combination. We decided to get him a shirt, which was good because he got 3 movies, a package of peanut butter cups, and a package of Snickers candy bars. Perfect! That's just enough candy to last through the movies.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

look who's braggin' now haha
jonathan and jake are alike in that they are more laid back... i too stress things out too much

glad y'all had a great day and i'm jealous y'all saw both sides of the fam!

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

I'm glad to hear that y'all had a great Fatner's Day! Jonathan sounds like the perfect fun dad. I love the pictures of him with Ethan!

Melissa said...

Love the picture where they're both sleepy.=) Very sweet. Nice tribute to your baby daddy. =)

Melba said...

Ethan is a lucky little boy - both of his parents adore him and it's obvious. Great pictures. It's fun to see Jonathan with his boy!