BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Projects

Recently, our Wal-Mart got rid of their fabric department, so all of their fabric was marked down and super cheap! I decided to jump on it, and bought material to make curtains for the house. I quickly realized that this was going to be a huge project, but after many hours, I finally finished the curtains for the living room. I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out, but I'd like to add a solid colored stripe on the bottom, to make them longer. (I bought all there was of this kind).



Here are the curtains.
.


This is what the material looks like. I'm going with an Asian theme (so that explains the dragons).
.
.
I've also been working on some pictures. I found some cool stencils online, but they're way too expensive, so I made my own stencils! I cut out this black paper with an Exacto knife. Then, I put red paper behind it. I've got seven pictures to do, but so far I've only finished two.
.
.

This is the second picture I've done. (They're supposed to be cherry blossoms.)
.

The colors might not make sense right now, but hopefully after I make matching pillows it'll work out. Wish me luck!
.
.

3 comments:

Sarah Lunt said...

I am SUPER impressed! Did Mama help you or did you do the curtains yourself? I want to start sewing so bad but don't feel confidant enough to do it on my own...but you've inspired me! Oh and I LOVE the stencils.

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! You did an unbelievable job! I can't wait to see the pillows you are making, too. You are so multi-talented! The curtains are beautiful and the artwork is incredible. The red is awesome and since you are going with an Asian theme, it makes sense, since in China red is supposed to bring you luck.

Anonymous said...

holy cow! I knew you were good but man this is amazing!

and vidor got rid of the fabric department? huh?