BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 12, 2008

The best Mother's Day ever!

I was so excited to celebrate my first Mother's Day, and it was perfect. I woke up early for a Mother's Day breakfast at the Ochoa's and it was delicious! They went all out with biscuits and sausage with gravy, and crepes with rasberry filling and cool whip! The perfect way to start the day. Then that evening, when Jonathan got home from work, we went back to the Ochoa's because Todd was going to be calling from Russia. When we got there Jonathan said I had to wait outside so he and Ethan could put the finishing touches on my present. (I was afraid I might not get anything, I've heard stories). After a minute, they let me in and I saw something big with a sheet draped over it, but there was something moving underneath. I took the sheet off and it was a rocking chair with a baby in it! How cute! Jonathan got me a glider rocking chair and Ethan was the finishing touch. I just loved it. I would've been happy with chocolates just to show that he was thinking of me, but this was way more than I expected. Jonathan's so good at surprises! Later, we got to talk to Todd and we had some more delicious food. David Jr.'s wife, Michelle, made some really good gumbo. After that, we brought my mom her gift and saw all the great presents she got. Oh, I also got a really cute diaper bag from my mom, a pretty hanging plant from my mother-in-law, and Rachel gave me a coupon for a whole year of free babysitting, she might end up regretting that one. So thanks to everybody for the presents and the fun, it was the best Mother's Day ever!


(Don't worry, we aren't keeping the chair in front of the door, we still have to rearrange the furniture)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good... b/c i was worried about the door (you silly i was looking at the beautiful chair!)

yay for a non-hospital diaper bag haha (i'm on my second "free" one...pathetic I know)

Jill said...

Marianne! I'm so excited for you! Happy First Mother's Day!! (I love to use exclamation marks!) I forgot that this was your first one- Sorry! I'm glad it was a good one.

Sarah Lunt said...

Happy Mother's Day! Guess what, we have the same glider now! I LOVE IT...and apparently love "!" like Jill does! lol. I'm so impressed that Jonathan surprised you like that..putting Ethan in the chair is the funniest part. We can't wait to see y'all soon.
Luv ya!

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

What an awesome Mothers Day! Tell Jonathan what a GREAT job we think he did!